Going out for lunch or dinner is more than ever a break from monotony, a chance to meet again, one of the little joys of this new life.
Suddenly going out for lunch or dinner is a new experience for all of us. Something that used to be part of everyday life is now extraordinary, a break with monotony, an opportunity for a reunion, one of the little joys of this new life. Many restaurants in Valencia have reinvented themselves to offer us, with all the security warranties, the moment of pleasure that we so much need.
Each of these restaurants deserves applause, from those that begin with the delivery to the customers' homes to those opening their terraces.
Some have rearranged their rooms, others their menus or the ways to get to our tables. They all deserve our applause: from those who debut with the delivery service to the brave ones who are the first to reopen their terraces. Here are some of the new suggestions you can take note of when you make a reservation, because you certainly have something to celebrate!
- A terrace with stars. Who said anything about being scared? Ricard Camarena has never been afraid, and after the pandemic it won't be any different. He has moved the service of his gastronomic restaurant to the garden terrace of the spectacular Art Deco building, which also houses the Bombas Gens Art Centre. With the quality and originality that distinguishes him, he now offers his two Michelin-star menu in the open air, in a atmosphere that could not be more appealing.This is why he has moved his restaurant service to the garden terrace of the spectacular Art Deco building that also houses the Centro de Arte Bombas Gens.
For its part, the Central Bar remains open thanks to its transformation into a dining room with 10 tables. And Canalla Bistro, Habitual and Cocaloka have begun offering takeaway food.
But there is much more to come, because its reorientation has reached the café. Ricard has teamed up with Don Gallo to serve a coffee specialty in his gourmet restaurant, grown by a woman on one of Colombia's few farms. (But you can also take his offerings home with you!) Don't miss this sweet and fruity coffee that has found its way into haute cuisine (or yours!).
- Dacosta's dishes, now delivered to your home. Quique´s team has also embarked on a new adventure with its QDelivery He presents you with a selection of gastronomic dishes from his restaurants Vuelve Carolina, Mercatbar and Llisa Negra, prepared in such a way that they do not lose their quality and taste on the road and you can enjoy them at home or wherever you like. Do you still need an excuse? Place your order!
- Two Repsol Suns in your kitchen. Nacho Romero - Restaurant Kaymus - has also taken a step forward with another groundbreaking proposal. Do you have a celebration in mind or would you simply like to prepare a very special dinner? Nacho Romero, who has been nominated for a Michelin star in 2012, has announced that he will come to your home or to the place of your choice and cook for you. Enjoy his creativity in your own kitchen
- Haute cuisine or sandwiches, but always with good wine. Begoña Rodrigo also announces news for the coming weeks, namely the reopening of her gastronomic star restaurant La Salita at a new location in the Ruzafa district.
The inviting garden of the old palace, which today houses the restaurant, is now a place to enjoy its menu outdoors with an exclusive menu for the garden, served only on weekdays.
As for the opening hours, here are the news: from 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Thursday. The restaurant also offers dinner on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. And watch out: on November 8th Anarkia, its new take-away menu, starts. (And how good this menu looks!), Wednesdays to Sundays for dinner, and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays also for lunch.
Farcit is now open in the former La Salita; the restaurant offers sandwiches based on the quality of the products; you can combine this fast food with good wines and beers. These starters are quite different. You should try them all.
- Cocina con arte. Chef María José Martínez has launched a new home delivery line in her restaurant Lienzo, which includes all the main specialties on your menu. The restaurant is also introducing a new touring exhibition. What more could you want?
- #delTrinquetaCasa. This is a blend of the best of Pelayo Gastro Trinquet and Vaqueta Gastro Mercat. They have also worked hard and can now deliver your order to your door, or you can drop by and pick up your order yourself.
In addition to the tasty creations, there is something else that will delight you: the packaging with many details (with little plastic and lots of kraft paper). You will discover the love and attention of your creations.
- A journey to the Middle East. This is exactly what Restaurante Balbeec by Steve Anderson and Alejandro Gómez offers you. They have also put their faith in the kitchen to go. It is based on the "other side of the Mediterranean", with a menu that flees from mergers and approaches authentic cuisine.
These are just some of the latest offers from our chefs. We will continue to keep you up to date!
These are just some of the latest suggestions from our chefs. You can now visit their websites and make a reservation by phone, but we will keep you informed!