In Valencia, it's not enough to live life to the fullest on summer nights. The good weather means that afternoons are now part of our leisure customs too. And what better way to enjoy them than by having a few drinks on one of the many terraces that dot the city in summer? There are terraces with a view, downtown or by the sea... You have plenty of places to choose from and enjoy a few beers, a cocktail or the local classic, the Agua de València. Always fresh and served in good company. Join us on this route of 13 terraces!
1. Ateneo Sky Bar: The observation deck of the Ateneo, in the Plaza del Ayuntamiento, is an ideal place to start the evening and watch the sun set over the Ciutat Vella skyline. It's the perfect starting point for a magnificent experience thanks to the mixed drinks and the beats provided by a DJ. The ride up to this bar 50 meters above street level, which also doubles as a great observation deck, costs €3. But if you get anything at the bar, part of the ticket price will be deducted from the bill.
2. Mumus Sky Bar: The exclusive and charming terrace of the NH Collection Valencia-Colón hotel, located in the heart of Valencia, is a space that offers different musical stylings from renowned DJs. These evening sessions, which exclusively feature vinyl records, make for authentic encounters.
3. 270 degrees: If you like heights, on the roof of the Barceló Hotel you can take in one of the most impressive views of Valencia from the tenth floor, with the entire City of Arts and Sciences complex at your feet. Here you can have a cocktail or a glass of cava and chill out to the music. The terrace is available for private parties.
4. The terrace at L’Umbracle: A classic of Valencia nightlife, perfect for summer evenings. What could be better than having a drink in the lush vegetation of the gardens of L’Umbracle, or dancing to the rhythm of mambo or music at one of its summer parties? Magnificent light shows blend beautifully with the majesty of this space designed by Santiago Calatrava.
5. The roof: This is the terrace of the El Camarote & The Roof restaurant. It's the perfect place to go from afternoon to evening with one of the best views of the coast from the Marina de València. Wide range of cocktails and mixed drinks. Enjoy the caress of the sun, beautiful sunsets and starry nights by the sea, as you chill out to the music or dance to the beat of the best DJs and live concerts.
6. Terraza Malabar: Want something less formal? Order up some cool beers at Terraza Malabar, on the first floor of the Veles e Vents building, overlooking the Marina de València. A terrace where you can enjoy the sea breeze with DJs, live music and premium drinks. If you go as a group, book your table for five people, a bottle of your favorite spirit and twelve soft drinks for €100. Now that’s a deal!
7. Hotel Las Arenas: If you prefer something more relaxed and traditional, the extensive terrace of the Hotel Las Arenas offers a place to enjoy drinks overlooking the gardens surrounded by the hotel's imposing neoclassical buildings and the Mediterranean in the background... pure relaxation!
8. Terraza Sky Sabbia by Gabbeach: You can also enjoy sunsets with ocean views, good music and exotic cocktails on the rooftop of the boutique hotel Sabbia by Gabbeach, on Paseo de Neptuno next to Las Arenas Beach. You can't leave without trying its specialty, the big fruits, which are served in watermelon or melon rinds, or give in to its delightful and famous mojito. Surrender to the creations of the bartender, Michelle Belli.te a las bondades de su famoso mojito. Déjate llevar por las propuestas de su bartender, Michelle Belli.
9. Sky Bar: And if you want a complete view of the port and the coast, climb to the eighth floor of the Sea You Hotel Port València and feel the sea breeze with a cocktail in your hand. Beautiful views of the Plaça del Tribunal de les Aigues and the Reales Atarazanas with the Mediterranean in the background.
10. Mercabañal: Located in the heart of the Cabanyal district, the fishing district and one of the city's most fashionable. It's an elevated space with numerous outdoor terraces where you can eat almost any quality food (it combines several gourmet offerings). But you can also enjoy a nice afternoon with a good drink in hand. It labels itself as a gastronomic and daytime leisure market because it closes at midnight, except on Fridays and Saturdays, when it's open until 1 a.m. It is a stone's throw away from Playa de la Malvarrosa.
11. Nou Racó: This is a setting in which to enjoy the beauty, calm and tranquility of our most outstanding natural space: l'Albufera. Enjoy the sun and the great weather with a nice cocktail outside Nou Racó. This location pairs a great selection of cocktails - mojitos, margaritas, cosmopolitans, gin and tonics, caipiriñas and piña coladas - with the breathtaking views of the surrounding Natural Park.
12. Àtic: This is the most relaxed locale, with the best views of the Palau de la Alameda Restaurant. Afternoons and evenings are celebrated here with DJs and live music. Very lively on weekends. Good drinks.
13. Cocktail Bar Al Nú: We finish our selection of terraces with the most special location, the one that the one-Michelin-starred chef, Begoña Rodrigo, has created in her Cocktail Bar Al Nú. Renowned bartender Denys Cherkasov has transferred Rodrigo's culinary alchemy to his liquid creations, based on the precise use of spices and aromatic herbs. So leave it to the pros and enjoy one of their highball mixed drinks. The charm of the place - a large garden in a nineteenth-century palace in the Russafa district - rounds out the scene. If you want to experience it, you'll have to book via WhatsApp (638 95 19 17) to get your secret access code. It's worth it!
Don't forget that in the liveliest areas, such as Ruzafa or in the vicinity of Calle Caballeros, in the city center, many bars bring their tables out to the street so you can enjoy the Valencia moon. The Plaza del Negrito, in the old town, for example, is covered in tables in the summer months. Keep in mind that these are residential areas, and may have some restrictions. Because of this, we recommend that you look for other options if you're going to be talking or listening to music until the small hours, such as the Marina de València, which is perfect if you're looking for an unbeatable atmosphere on summer nights.
You certainly won't be able to say you couldn't think of a good place to have fun.